All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's always good to have a really, really bad day, because you can usually count on a really, really fabulous one lurking not too far behind.

I went live on examiner.com today with my first article. I'm beyond excited, at a loss for words, and full of ideas. The key is to spread the word and build an audience. That's how I will increase my exposure and eventually branch out into more opportunities to do what I love. So as my readers, friends, followers and obligated family, I ask you to visit the my examiner site daily. Just make it part of your morning routine. Shower. Email. Facebook. All That Mama Drama. Click on big, blue button on top right.

Switching gears, but sticking to writing-talk, it is no secret that I love the work of author Jennifer Weiner. Perhaps the quintessential chick-lit penner, her books (and blogs, for that matter) never cease to amaze me. She writes like no one else, and she's so damn funny. Her newest release, Best Friends Forever, went on sale yesterday and her book tour launched in NYC last night. Well, tonight she's in Philly and my oldest and I are going. I bought the book (a hardcopy splurge...only for her) and I will stand in line endlessly to have her sign it.

I'm so easily star-struck.

Isn't it eerily cosmic that on the day that I have my first little article out there for public consumption on a site other than my own, I will also be meeting my inspiration and favorite author? Me thinks yes.

Cheers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home