All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yesterday, from beginning to end, was a hoot.

I woke up early, went for my run, and got myself and the kids ready to start a busy Wednesday. We were going over to PA to see my good friend (another Kate), but I wanted to get my filthy car washed first. I unwittingly chose a place that has "Ladies' Day Wednesdays" and it cost me less than $10 bucks to get the funk-mobile washed. But get this...they brought it out and the top was still dirty and the bird doody stains hadn't come off. So they put it through again for a scrub and re-wash. And didn't charge me! Despite my being embarrassed and mortified that my vehicle was that dirty, I was psyched. An under-$10-double-wash? You can't beat that with a stick.

So off we went to see Kate and her beautiful daughter, Anna. We have had such a great time reconnecting over the past few months (another shout-out to Facebook for bringing us together), and looking around a room filled with our daughters is a hoot. The low-point occurred, of course, when Liz picked up a blue, plastic maraca and bludgeoned Anna in the head with it. Anna sobbed, she was taken so by surprise as The Silent Assassin came out of nowhere and made her her next victim.

We got ourselves together, walked into Narberth (cutest darn town) and had lunch, walked some more to a playground, walked some more to Maggie Moo's and then walked some more back to Kate's. My older daughters were amazing! I have no idea how many miles we walked, but they hoofed it every step of the way and didn't complain once. It was awesome. Naturally, my hopes were high that this would be enough to wear them out and make them go to bed on time. I was wrong.

I digress...I arrived back home and found an email waiting for me inviting me to join Examiner.com as their "Stay-at-Home Mom" Examiner. Meaning, I will be writing several articles a week about what I do and where I go with my kids and will be promoting them on Facebook and Tweeter and StumbleUpon.com in order to get peeps to read, just like I do for Mama Drama. But the difference is that they'll throw some money at me for my writing. First. Time. Ever!

Excitement is high. Ideas are brewing. New chapters are beginning. No pun intended.

2 Comments:

  • At July 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Christine Campbell said...

    Still smiling over this wonderful news of yours! Fantastic!

     
  • At July 10, 2009 at 7:42 AM , Anonymous Kate Gingras said...

    Such a wonderful end to a great day! Glad you and the girls came out! This is amazing news! You were born to be a writer and share your gift with the world! I always enjoy reading whatever you write! Best of luck!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home