All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Sweet Spot

Let me first start by saying the Philly is the best city on Earth, and I am so so so so so so so happy to be back home for the Fourth this year. There is NO place like home.






Last night was ridiculous...we went to the Phillies game on what had to be one of the top ten greatest nights of all-time to watch a game in a ballpark. The weather was perfect, our seats were way up high and gave us a glorious view of sunset and the skyline. We drank beers and laughed together the entire time. We did a lot of hand-holding, too, which I liked a lot.

I started really thinking last night about how lucky I am. I am still stupid-in-love with my husband. Like the way we were when we were kids. He has the kindest heart, is a great person, he makes me laugh and he works so hard to take care of me and my kids. We've been through some ridiculously hard times together, which I can now look back upon and love because those are the times that not only make our knowledge and understanding of each other deeper and more real, but they are also the only reasons I can tell when we're in the Sweet Spot. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this life of mine, but I'm so grateful for every piece of it. And all of the pieces begin with my finding him, hanging on tight, and us never letting go of each other.

I'm shmoopy, I know. And this peak will eventually drop off into a trough out of which we will have to climb. But when you're in the Sweet Spot, you have to say it and be grateful for it. Because you never know when it's gonna come back around again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home