All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Saturday, July 11, 2009

With all of the surgeries, replacements, transplants and reconstruction options available to people in this crazy day and age, why has some brilliant neurosurgeon not figured out how to surgically implant a conscience into a person? Or even tinker with the part of the brain that feels remorse, or compassion, or just urges one to not be completely irritating to those around them? Because if that brilliant neurosurgeon of my dreams had done such a thing, I would be first in line asking them to drill into my firstborn's head to do just that.

I sound harsh for sure. I admit that. But it comes from nearly seven years of mental exhaustion and being beaten into submission on a daily basis about...well, you name it. My oldest is very, very smart. And with that intelligence comes an uncanny knack for button-pushing. She pushes and she pushes and she pushes...and if she would just be this kind of nudge at school, someone would probably tell us to seek mental help. But she's an angel at school or in any other group setting where she's away from her parents, sisters, and usually, grandparents, because she makes them cuckoo, too. So no one wants to help when kids are just a pain in the rear at home. Family dynamic is blamed. Competition for attention. Boredom. Anxiety. And the famous excuse, which is becoming surprising valid the more and more kids I meet...She's a Leo.

I could go on and on with a littany of examples, but that's a bore. Suffice it to say that I hope I live to see that day that she is:
a) able to appreciate how hard I worked to not only raise and care for her, but to not kill her in the process and
b) (wait for it...you know it's coming) is attempting to deal with a child just like her.

I am off to run, get the big girls ready for a two-hour drive to Pennsylvania to attend my cousin's wedding, then a two-hour drive back home to have our friends to bring their children to our house so we can watch them through Sunday evening while they do the American Cancer Society's City to Shore Bike Race. Please visit the hyperlink to make any donations to them. We all know someone touched by this awful disease, and Bill and Tiff's efforts in this race are admirable. And I get to host my first sleepover! We're thinking Smores and fireflies tonight and tie-dyeing tee shirts tomorrow? Can't wait! Busy busy busy...

Sneak Peek => First examiner.com article topic: Navigating motherhood in the digital age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home