All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Bad Mommy

Today is not my favorite. I'm battling with my husband, have not worked out in three days and am mothering children who more resemble caged animals than little girls. It being Monday and all, I do understand the grains of salt one must hold onto in order to survive these kinds of days. But all that salt seems to be doing is finding its way into the scratches, scrapes and claw marks left behind by my family.

I pose this question: Do they treat us badly because we truly are as insignificant as they can make us feel on any given day? Or is it just because we are always here, and haven't packed a bag and taken off yet, so they think there's a better chance than not that we'll be staying no matter what they say or do to make us want to do otherwise?

I now understand why certain moms go on strike. I'm seriously contemplating one here. Because nothing else is getting my point across. The proverbial straw? As follows:

Meghan: "Can we go somewhere with rides today?"
Mom: "No."
Meghan: (storming away, stomping feet) "I hate mommy."

Yep. I'm thinking going on strike is just what is in order.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At July 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

    Oh you just made my day!!! misery loves company...and although I am sorry you are in the bad mommy place, I am there with you, so take comfort. i used to get so frustrated at teacher conferences, hearing about my little angels that were driving me insane at home. georgia's teacher used to tell me that they are always the worst to their mother because we are there through it all. and that actually they feel safe and secure enough in our unconditional love that they are able to let it all out and not hold it together.

    hang in there.... i am here if you need to go on strike. we have a guestroom =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home