All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feeble-Minded

So remember last Friday when my mom and I took three cracked-out kids to Wegmans? We went and it was like the Mothership from the planet 'Free Samples' had landed in the middle of the store with people literally stuffing their faces every five feet with some other fabulous offering, seducing each of us suckers to believe that we suddenly needed to add that extra $20 worth of "so easy to prepare" food to our already astronomical food bill. Oh, the crack in that store. It's everywhere.

I'm in the door two minutes and the crowd and sampling opportunities, to which my children are succumbing, are so overwhelming, I'm ready to turn tail and leave. With that, I hear a kind woman telling Erin, "They're giving out free slices of pizza! Over there! Whole slices!" She has her own slice folded in on itself and she's delighting in its cheese and free-ness.

So I say, "Oh that's great! Thanks!"
Erin says, "Thanks, Ms. Kathy!"

Puzzled, I quietly ask Erin as we are walking toward the free-pizza bounty, "Does she work at your school?"

To which my six-year-old responds, with a look of disgust and disdain reserved only for children to give to their idiot parents, "No, Mom. She's our neighbor. She lives across the street from us."

Feeble. Freakin' feeble.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home