All That Mama Drama!

Welcome to a mommy blog that won't pull any punches, that will say what most moms won't and probably shouldn't, and gives me a forum to vent, rant, gloat and brag shamelessly. What every Mama needs...

Monday, February 16, 2009

Here's the comedy in my house today...

My Meghan, who will be five in April, has a difficult time saying certain sounds. Her accent, because of this, is a cross between a kid from Brooklyn and one from South Boston, and I, personally, hope she talks this way forever. It is so stinkin' cute and so Meghan, that when it finally repairs itself I will undoubtedly go into mourning.

And of course, Erin, who takes delight in the shortcomings of others (especially when those others are her sisters), loves to emphasize as often as possible that she thinks she is verbally superior to her sister. Out of nowhere today, she pipes up and says, "Why can't Meghan say her "R's"? I could say MY R's when I was four."

Mommy: (trying not to get mad and belt her for being so rude) "Everyone is different and each person does things in their own..."

Meghan: (Piping up and quickly interrupting me): "God just made me like I was French!"

And so it was with that statement that I realized that my identity crisis about whether or not I should get a job or stay put was quickly put to rest. Because if for no other reason than the commentary and comedic relief that I get from these little buggers every day, I should be here. Imagine how pissed I'd be if I had missed that exchange today.

So so funny. Where the hell did she get that she sounds French?? I'll take that smile to bed with me tonight.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home